There are few countries that have as much of a legacy of being relaxing and amazing as Bali, Indonesia. Located in the southwestern part of Asia, this island captivates visitors with its exotic culture, rich history, and memorable experiences. With over 17 million tourists visiting each year, Padang Bai International Airport is another great reason to visit.
If you’re looking for a blissful and exotic destination that will let your romance unfold, then look no further than Bali. This tropical island is perfect for couples looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and experience some culture in the process. Here are five reasons why Bali is the perfect spot for a romantic getaway:
1) The stunning natural scenery is unlike anywhere else you’ll find. From stunning coastal towns to lush green temples, Bali is a paradise for photographers.
2) The local cultural experiences are endless. Whether you want to embark on an epic adventure through the world’s most magnificent rice paddies or spend your days soaking up the sun at one of Bali’s many beaches, there’s something for everyone.
3) The food is exquisite and affordable. Whether you’re in the mood for fresh seafood or tasty home-cooked meals, you won’t have to break the bank while in Bali. And with so many delicious food options, there’s something sure to please every taste bud.
Where you’ll want to stay in Bali
The best places to stay in Bali for couples looking for an unforgettable getaway are the resorts found on the east and west coastlines. On the east coast, consider staying at Jimbaran Bay’s The Laguna Resort, which includes its own private beach. For a more exclusive option, head to Anantara Kintamani Maldives Resort, where couples can enjoy an immersive environment with dive trips and excursions available on site. Just a few minutes’ drive from Kintamani is the luxurious Hermanus Kraal Bush Lodge, where you’ll find a secluded beach.
On the west coast, two prime properties undisputedly hold first place: The Ritz-Carlton Bali Resort and The Amanresorts Bukit Batur Resort. Both resorts come equipped with top-tier spa facilities and vast expanses of sandy beaches perfect for swimming and sunbathing. Additionally, both properties offer concierge services that can take care of just about anything you could possibly want or need during your stay – from arranging amazing sunset dinners to booking helicopter rides over the area’s stunning vistas. If luxury is what you’re looking for, these resorts cannot be beaten!
Where to eat in Bali?
Bali is a melting pot of food traditions from all over Indonesia and the world. There’s something for everyone, so no matter what your dietary restrictions are, you’ll be able to find something to eat in Bali.
Whether you’re looking for an evening out with friends or a relaxing break from the rigmarole of everyday life, there’s an eatery for you on this idyllic island. Whether you’re a tourist or a resident of Bali, these restaurants are perfect for a laid-back day out with your loved one.
- The Gourmet Bakery: For fresh and tasty cakes, pastries and sandwiches, The Gourmet Bakery is hard to beat. Located in Seminyak, just steps away from some of the most popular shops and clubs in town, it’s always busy but never unpleasant. Plus you can’t go wrong with cake anyway – no matter where you are!
- Ubud Market: Ubud Market is one of the crowd favorite places to buy food in Bali. It’s huge (think: 5 floors!), so there’s usually something for everyone – whether that be fresh produce, chicken satay, spices or even fresh-made pizzas!
The perfect itinerary for you and your partner
A Balinese adventure is a perfect way to spend Valentine’s Day with your loved one! Here are our top tips for creating an unforgettable itinerary together:
- Start your day in Kuta, Bali’s party capital. Spend the morning sampling local coffees and beers on a lively street corner, or take a bath in a public spa.
- Hilltop rice paddies, sun-kissed villages, and dramatic volcanoes await you in the east of the island. Drive down to Bedugul or Lovina for a dip in crystal clear waters and jungle hikes.
- If you’re feeling energetic, take an afternoon drive out to the stunning beaches of Nusa Dua and Jimbaran. Stop at coconut groves en route for refreshments or lunch.
- For an evening of romance, head to Ubud for an evening ceremony at Pura Melati followed by dinner at a hidden gourmet spot… Followed by dancing under the stars!