As you gaze at these mountains in Europe from the train window, your shoulder’s touch against the other. Your hands are folded together, some of your fingers brushing over leaves marking a passage of time from sea to sky in the places where you weren’t born.
Reasons For Traveling to The Alps in Europe
The mountains of Switzerland, Germany, Austria and Italy offer some of the best hiking, skiing and snowboarding in the world. The Alps are famous for their incredible views, crystal clear lakes and white-capped peaks.
The valleys between the mountains are home to pastoral villages, lively cities and scenic wine routes. Below is a list of nine reasons to visit the Alps region in Europe:
- Incredible Views: From the top of a mountain you can see for miles in every direction. You’ll be able to see glaciers, peak after peak and the stunningly blue Lake Lucerne below.
- Historical Interest: The Alps formed over hundreds of millions of years as uplifted mountains. According to mythology they were created by Zeus when he crushed two masses oférthros (a type of rock) with his thunderbolt.
- majestic Snowcapped Peaks: Some of the highest peaks in the Alps are over 4000m high. This means that even if it is snowing heavily, you’ll still be able to see some amazing vistas from behind your snow goggles!
How To Get There
If you’re ever looking for an amazing place to visit, these European mountains should definitely be on your list. Whether you’re a nature lover or just want to take a scenic drive, these mountains are sure to please. Here’s how you can get there:
- Start by visiting the beautiful country of France. If you’re already there, consider checking out the stunning Mont Blanc Massif. This mountain range is one of the most popular in Europe, and for good reason: its views are simply breathtaking.
- If Mont Blanc isn’t your cup of tea, head over to Italy instead. You won’t be disappointed if you visit the Sforza Castle in Milan or wander through the ancient city of Rome. Both are UNESCO World Heritage Sites and well worth a visit.
- If Italy isn’t your style, consider heading over to Austria instead. This country is home to some of the most dramatic mountain ranges in Europe, like the Karwendel and Zillertal Alps. While there’s plenty to see and explore in Vienna as well, don’t forget to hike up one of these peaks!
What a beautiful sight! This photo was taken in the Austrian Alps, and it’s easy to see why so many people love visiting this area. If you’re planning a trip to Europe soon, be sure to add these mountains to your list of attractions — you won’t regret it!